3 Tips to Preserve the Valuable Bandhani Saree
- by David Lovell
The mention of Bandhani will excite every woman who knows about the form of fabric. The exquisite detailing that you find on the Bandhani Saree is something that you will cherish all the time.
It’s the dream of every woman to have a few pieces from the Bandhani collection in the wardrobe. And why not? After all, it signifies one of the richest artworks of India. It’s a tie-and-dye form of art that requires extensive manual craftsmanship.
Thus, the price of the Bandhani pieces will be considerable, if you are buying the original and authentic pieces. Women across the globe have become fanatics of the bandhani form of fabric art.
But owning the prized possession comes with the burden of maintaining it properly. If you don’t take good care of this asset, it will gradually wear off. And this will happen even if you have bought the most expensive and high-quality saree or lehenga.
So, here comes a few tricks and tips from expert craftsmen who will help you to maintain the glory of this valuable clothing.
#1. Careful about ironing the Bandhani Saree
It’s not a surprise that you need to wash and iron the sarees of bandhani style after wearing them a few times. But if you try to iron them in a regular way like the other sarees, you may end up damaging the 12 yards of grace.
- Steam pressing is ideal for these sarees
- Direct ironing will damage the fabric
- Prints can fade upon exposing the fabric to the direct heat of the iron.
The beauty of the bandhani works lies in the tie-and-dye patterns. If you damage them by trying to iron the piece, you will be responsible for the damage to the artwork.
#2. Professional cleaning is necessary sometimes
When you buy the Bandhani Dupatta or a saree of the artwork, you need to make sure that you ask the seller how to clean the piece. Washing at your home may not be the ideal way to clean every type of bandhani work.
- Many manufacturers will suggest that you dry clean the product instead of washing it.
- Dry cleaning is always the best way to keep the colours intact for the sarees.
- Even if you plan to wash the saree at your home, you can use cold water instead of hot water. It will be always a safer option. Warm water is only good for the colour of the bandhani piece of fabric is light.
So, you should be particular about the cleaning process too.
#3. Be careful about cleaning agents
So do you plan to use regular detergents to clean your bandhani fabric? Then please don’t. the harsh detergents can have a degrading effect on the material and the work.
- The hard detergents will slowly kill the patterns on the fabric
- Hand washing is the best way to clean cloth. Machine washing is not desirable.
- Don’t try to dry the Bandhani Lehengas facing the sun directly, it will cause colour fading.
And store them separately in a moisture-free environment.
Pick your saree and lehenga from Khatri Jamandas Bechardas for the best quality.
The mention of Bandhani will excite every woman who knows about the form of fabric. The exquisite detailing that you find on the Bandhani Saree is something that you will cherish all the time. It’s the dream of every woman to have a few pieces from the Bandhani collection in the wardrobe. And why not? After all,…
- September 2023
- August 2023
- July 2023
- June 2023
- May 2023
- April 2023
- March 2023
- February 2023
- January 2023
- December 2022
- November 2022
- October 2022
- September 2022
- August 2022
- July 2022
- June 2022
- May 2022
- April 2022
- March 2022
- February 2022
- January 2022
- December 2021
- November 2021
- October 2021
- September 2021
- August 2021
- July 2021
- June 2021
- May 2021
- January 2021